Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Back in Town

After spending nearly a year and a half, first in Mysore then in Pune, I am finally back on home turf. The process of coming back was hastened by the great blunderbuss of an IT company called Infosys.

The work allocated to me at Infosys would be a shame for any respectable engineer. All I had to do was churn documents by the dozen. All my pleas for some respectable work fell on deaf ears. The higher-ups have soared so high that they can no longer hear our mortal cries.

Finally I said, 'Enough is enough!' (and a lot more that can't be written here) and quit the job. Back in Calcutta I spent a merry month watching the World Cup and unemployed. Then I managed to convince a company to take me in. The work here seems good enough and has been satisfying till now.

PS. Not planning to leave Calcutta ever!!!

No comments: